- 02-Mar-2017 to 02-May-2017 (EST)
- Washington DC, DC, USA
- Full Time
MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS, LIFE/AD&D INSURANCE, SHORT & LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE, 401(k) PLAN, PAID HOLIDAYS
The Communication Specialist (CS) position involves both in office and outreach work to promote women's business ownership and growth in the Washington, D.C. Capital Region. The Communication Specialist provides marketing and branding for the DC Women's Business Center through the use of traditional and new media tools which include social media and graphic design. In conjunction with other staff, the CS develops outreach materials for DC WBC events and training. The CS is the first line of communication for new and existing clients and is responsible for receiving and directing email and telephone inquiries. The CS also assists in the development and maintenance of relationships with partner organizations to provide business ownership assistance to all women including economically challenged and women of color. The Communication Specialist reports directly to the Director of the Women's Business Center.
* Maintain updated online communications including website, social media, and email.
* Create and design materials for Center outreach, promotions, success stories, events and training.
* Receive and respond to telephone and email inquiries about the Center and its services.
* Communicate with and build relationships with partner and referral organizations.
* Give logistical support to the DC WBC's programs that includes assisting with registering clients for events, scheduling counseling sessions, preparing rooms for training sessions, etc.
* Serve as first point of contact for clients and potential clients.
* Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Create and implement a social media strategy to interact with clients and the small business community. Assist the Director with scheduling and management of client and partner communications.
COMPETENCIES: The knowledge, skills and behavioral attributes necessary for acceptable job performance.
* Working knowledge of marketing and communication tools.
* Ability to produce outreach materials and brochure designs.
* Ability to work effectively with women from diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment individual must be highly self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to express a variety of ideas and concepts through graphics, writing, and verbal communication.
* Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Photoshop, and Publisher.
* Bachelor's Degree or 2 years of work experience in communications, marketing, or public relations.
* Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings and Saturday mornings.
* Reliable access to transportation for occasional travel to locations that are inconvenient to public transportation is preferred.
* Office based in Washington, D.C. The DC WBC has a small staff. The ideal candidate must be comfortable wearing many hats.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME, WRITING SAMPLE AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL BE CONSIDERED. ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED.
NCRC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.